With this Nail Dip and Gel polish Prep kit, you can properly prep your nails before any manicure service. Prepping of your nails is an essential first step that will help you create a fresh and new nail palette for your DIY manicure at home application. Professionals always do this step prior to doing your nails in the salon. Prepping helps your dips, gels and press-on nails adhere to your nails. A nail service in the salon is meant to last for 2 weeks or longer and so should yours by doing what they do at home.
- One metal cuticle pusher
- One grey 100/180 nail file
- One white buffing block
- Two alcohol prep pads
Step by step Prep guide:
- wash your hands thoroughly first with soapy water (preferably soap such as dawn). Use a nail scrub brush to get the underneath of your nails. You can also soak your hands in a manicure bowl to help soften your cuticles.
- Use a cuticle pusher to push any cuticle off of the nail bed to make your full nail visible.
- Cut any extra cuticles that are hanging over your nail bed
- Take your nail clippers and nail file to cut and shape your nails to your liking
- Take a buffing block to remove any shine that is on your nail beds making it smooth for application
- Use an alcohol wipe to remove any dirt or nail dust off of your fresh new nail palette
- Let dry completely before moving on with your next application.
100/180 grit nail file tip*** Always file in a downward motion when shaping the natural nail, never use the highest grit on your natural nail bed because it is too rough and can cause damage.
Never share nail tools with anybody else and always use different nail tools to do your toes.